Monday, September 10, 2007

Highlights from our first year in England!


Waiting outside a friend's house for the airport shuttle for our flight to the UK. July 2006
Look at all our bags!



We did some traveling in August to see Scotland and some of the English countryside. Scotland was amazing, and we had beautiful weather for hiking up West Lomond and storming some castle ruins.


We participated in St. Martin's Lantern Walk, a German tradition. The boys made these great paper lanterns, and we walked through housing singing German songs. The night ended with a fire, hot drinks and gingerbread men. Nov. 2006









Stan and I took Scottish Reeling Dance lessons, and the classes ended with a dinner dance on St. Andrew's Night. We borrowed some Scottish dress from friends, and tried our best to remember what we learned! A very fun night!





London in December, very cold but very pretty!


We spent 5 days in Paris before Christmas and had a wonderful time. This is us in front of Notre Dame Cathedral.



Christmas morning at our house in Watchfield.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi guys -

I love this blog! Its so cool to see what you guys have done over the last year. Life is never boring is it?
Stan, I have to say, you look dashing in a skirt! I think its great you guys have had a chance to experience as much as you have and take full advantage of it!
I hope to see you guys again sometime this coming year.
Cheers
Cherish